Skip to main content

A New Chapter in Faith

We visited a revival at a friend's church a few years ago. The preacher was praying in the mist of a Spirit-filled alter call. My mind was bombarded with the words of my OBGYN (you can read my struggle here) and when the Spirit moved within me, my heart began to cry out for God to answer my many prayers. My soul had felt so heavy at the thought that my dreams might never be realized. I wanted to be a mom more than anything and I was processing the fact that it was possible I may never hold my very own offspring in my arms. I was heartbroken, depressed and longing to hear from God. 
And that's when He spoke to me,
clear as day,
loud and strong.
I wasn't in the altar, but He met me where I was.
"I hear your prayers and I know your heart.
You will give birth to a child. 
It will be your own flesh and blood. 
Have faith in Me.
You will be a mom."
God answered me. He answered ME. Who am I that He thought enough of me to let me hear His voice? Who am I that He cares that I get what my heart desires most? My faith was strengthened and my hope was renewed that night. It was a moment I will NEVER forget. I made a choice to hold tight to that promise no matter what might happen or what I might endure to get to that place.

A year later, before I could make it to a doctor to officially confirm I was the 8 weeks pregnant I suspected, I miscarried. I mourned in private and the weight of mourning alone began to drag me down. I was breaking. I felt broken. God had promised me a baby of my own and my body had rejected the one growing inside my womb. After 3 months of mourning my loss, I broke down on the altar. In that moment, God filled me with such peace. He gave me a renewed hope and reminded me of His promise. I had to have faith. I had to believe in Him and wait.

My husband and I decided to switch gears. We took a year for ourselves, avoiding pregnancy on purpose. We spent that year growing closer to God. We actively worked on strengthening our marriage and our communication. We spent a year not stressing about this desire to have a child, but instead filled that time with fun and love and Christ. By December our marriage was stronger than ever, we were happy, we were closer to God than ever before, we were ready to step out in faith.

January 1st, 2016 we began to plan for a family. We prayed and asked God to bless us in the new year...
...and He did.
We got pregnant the very first month!
We waited to announce our joyous news so we could personally tell our family and friends.
Now safely into our second trimester, I'd like to introduce our miracle. We don't know if it's a boy or a girl and we plan to surprise everyone when the baby finally arrives later this year!!






We promise to keep you updated! We are due the first week of October!!
Please continue to keep us in your prayers.
We are embracing our miracle day by day, not taking one single moment for granted.
We can never thank God enough.
Please remember my story if you find yourself in a similar place, crying out for God to answer your prayers. Don't loose faith and never stop praying!!
He hears you and He DOES answer prayers!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unmother

Please note: This was a post I have struggled to publish. I have not used this blog too often to put too much personal information out there, but after studying about  unity and maturity in the body of Christ  through Ephesians, I knew I needed to be authentic. I hope you accept the following with open arms, knowing that I am bearing my very soul to you.Not many people know the struggle that I have faced, but I am beginning to realize that it's important to share in each other's burdens . SO here I bear my burdens, sharing with you in my heartache, that I might also encourage you, bearing your burdens as my own. Today is Mother's Day. Growing up, I never dreamed that this day could be associated with anything but happiness, joy, and thankfulness. When we experienced the miscarriage of our only baby on October 31st 2014, bracing myself for Mother's Day was something I didn't think to do. With the pain of my loss and everything on my plate with Christmas j

Can You Handle It?

Your baby has cancer. She's not quite a baby anymore, but she's your only child... a miracle birthed from years of infertility and hormone treatments. She is the center of your world. You spent her entire childhood protecting her as best as you could. You prayed for her daily. You raised her up in the ways of the Lord. You've watched her grow into a beautiful young woman who is compassionate and caring. She lights up every room she enters and she truly has been a blessing from God. You are so thankful that God has allowed you a daughter so precious, but there she lies in that hospital bed and you are unable to make it better. This is one boo-boo you can't kiss. You'd trade places with her in a heartbeat, but God has not granted that request thus far. She's not upset, but you are. The mounting medical bills, the straining to hold onto hope that she will be healed, the days you've missed at work that have led to excessive worrying about your job securi

I'm a Dandelion

           Dandelions have held such a beautiful meaning to me since I was 13. I was at one of my very first Bible studies in the class my dad taught. He was the youth pastor of our small church and I was excited to finally be involved in the activities I had been witness to for so long. I tried my best to fit in with the others, but there was quite a big age gap between myself and the established pack. A song quietly played in the background and amongst the teen chatter, my ear caught the faint words. I had a hard time processing them above the noise so I made a mental note of any words I could remember. When I got home I typed them into a Yahoo search and there it was, in it's entirety. As I read the words I began to sob.        I so often felt like weeds among flowers. I was too short and too chubby and too blonde in the mental yet very physical sense. I played flute in the marching band and had only 2 close friends who also played the flute. I was a geek of geeks